Monday, March 11, 2013

Felt Play Envelopes for Ryan

Play Felt Envelopes
Play shape/color inserts


Envelopes can open up to allow kids to put their inserts in them. You can also choose to put a piece of velcro on the base of the envelope and flap to help them close better! 

You can use any color of felt. I bought a big packet of felt at Walmart for $3.  It came with various colors. You can also go to any craft store to buy felt sheets individually. I even saw individual felt sheets at Meijer(Not many colors to choose from).

You can choose to create your pieces any size. I did mine a little bigger than an actual envelope size  because I thought my 2.5 year old would like them better. I pinned the piece together and used my sewing machine to sew up the three sides of the felt. I cut some of the pieces with a point at the top and some with just a straight edge!

I chose to cut out shapes and hot glue them to the "letters". I chose a different color for each shape. This is a cheap way to help your child learn their colors and shapes!  Everything you see on the front of the envelope is attached with hot glue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment